The MJR community will strive to provide:
- a quality, Christ-inspired education for our students so each will gain a strong relationship with God through Christ and his Church.
- a holistic approach so that all who encounter the MJR philosophy will be inspired by the words, actions and teaching of Jesus Christ.
- the opportunities and resources to students so they can discover the values, qualities and attitudes necessary for a faith filled, positive life.
- a positive outlook for the students for their future so that they can take their place in society and demonstrate compassion for the marginalised.
(Adapted from the suggested 2016 Mission for the Archdiocese of Hobart)
As a philosophy, the MJR community commits itself to following Mission:
- With Christ as our centre, and in ecclesial communion with our Archbishop, we dedicate ourselves to the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church, so that all persons may be led to intimate union with the person of Jesus Christ.
- Alongside the parents we strive for the education of the whole person with a view to each student’s transcendent dignity and ultimate destiny.
- Our goal is to provide an education that forms the spiritual, intellectual, physical, psychological, social, moral, aesthetic and religious capacities of each student in the pursuit of wisdom and truth.
- Along with the parents, we understand that we are role models for the students, and that we need to be authentic witnesses of faithful Catholic life and worship.